e enjte, 19 korrik 2007

JACKIE SMILEY

Following graduation I began my post secondary education at UVic. After a year in Victoria, I transferred over to UBC to finish my BA, majoring in English Literature with a minor in Commerce. Following university graduation I took a bit of a break and traveled for five months. I explored Europe solo for two months and then met up with Natalie Gurney to discover Southeast Asia. Upon my return, I continued my employment with a marketing company that I had worked for during two of my university co-op work terms. Over my four years with the company, I worked my way up to the position of Marketing Coordinator for Western Canada, working mainly on Labatt promotional programs. After realizing that there is not a lot of opportunity to advance in marketing in Vancouver, I contemplated a career switch. After a short stint as the BC and AB sales rep for Capezio, I took the plunge, quit my job and completed my real estate licensing course. At the beginning of 2006 I took a position at JJ Barnicke, a commercial real estate firm, in a research role and was subsequently promoted to a broker role about five months ago.
I recently became engaged to my boyfriend of three years, Darren Gwozd, proving that you actually can meet a quality person in a club! We just booked a venue for our 2008 summer wedding and are now starting to plan all the details. We also recently bought a townhouse in Burnaby Heights.
In my free time, when not attending weddings, wedding showers and stagettes (eight weddings last summer and another eight this summer), I enjoy doing the Grouse Grind, snowshoeing, swimming, hiking/walking/running, watching Darren play hockey and traveling.
Jackie.smiley@jjb.com

Nuk ka komente: