e mërkurë, 13 qershor 2007

NAOMI MCFEE

After graduating from PW, I took off to Halifax, Nova Scotia, where I attended Dalhousie University majoring in English Literature with a minor in Business. I fell in love with the culture and the laid back atmosphere of the East Coast. I met some wonderful people and had way too much fun. I also met my long term boyfriend during 2nd year university. After spending almost 6 years in Halifax, I realized that it was too much of a comfort zone and it was time to face reality. While walking home in a massive snow storm in April, I decided to book my flight home. Two weeks later, my boyfriend landed an articling position with an accounting firm in Vancouver. I worked at the Business Career Centre at the Sauder School of Business at UBC (a mouthful) where I realized that BCIT students were getting all of the jobs. I attended BCIT’s Human Resource Management program, which was surprisingly intense. Meanwhile, my boyfriend and I spent a fortune on a tiny place on a noisy street in Kits. Shortly after receiving my diploma, I began working in Labour Relations within the Health Care industry. It’s challenging and never boring. After my boyfriend received his CA and I received my CHRP, we finally took the token trip to Europe. Shortly after, we realized that we had everything we worked hard for yet we weren’t happy. So, after 8 years, we split in December 2006. It hasn’t been easy but I’m making the best of being single. I am still living in Kits with my cat with thumbs and my Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever puppy (a.k.a. my little zoo). This year, I have traveled to London, Brussels, Toronto and Calgary to visit my extremely supportive friends and family. I am really looking forward to reconnecting with all of you at the reunion! Many of us have already touched base on Crackbook.

Nuk ka komente: